Most of our product is custom manufactured by leading roofing shingle manufacturers under Private Label Agreements. This enables us to incorporate the Product warranty and the Workmanship Warranty into a single Peace of Mind Warranty for our entire range of product.
Exclusive to all Penfolds customers and as an added protection, our warranties are now insured with a captive insurance company, namely PRI Warranty Corporation, a British Columbia insurance entity registered and regulated by the Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM) and managed by Aon Insurance Managers (Vancouver). Whether you qualify for our Peace of Mind Warranty, our Lifetime Warranty or our 100% Replacement Cost Coverage, you now receive the added assurance that our insured warranty is subject to regulatory oversight and independent management and governance.
Consistent with our commitment to product and service excellence, we are similarly committed to providing best-in-class guarantees and warranties backed by the enhanced security of regulated insurance.
The cost of our insurance is borne by us, with no added cost to our customer.
Peace of Mind to all Penfolds Roofing & Solar Projects;
- All Warranties issued by Penfolds will remain in full force & effect for the duration of the warranty period.
- The Product Warranty and the Workmanship Warranty of Penfolds Proprietary Brands is combined into one that is covered by the Insured Warranty.
- There is No Additional Cost for the Insured Warranty
- The Insured Warranty is Fully Transferable at no cost
- There is no deductible on processing a claim
- PRI is Managed by Aon Insurance Managers (Vancouver)
Who can benefit from the Insured Warranty Program?
- Owners of single-family detached homes including new owners if a home is sold and transferred
- New Construction & Renovation Contractors including their clients on transfer
- Strata Complexes and the owners within a complex
- Commercial Building developers and owners
- Financial Institutions, Government Corporations, School Boards and the like
- Manufacturers warranties that are not Penfolds Proprietary Products
- All other exclusions and limitations in the Penfolds Roofing & Solar Warranty
(1)A Captive Insurance Company is an insurance company that is specifically created to ensure the risks of its parent. It is regulated by FICOM, the Provincial Agency that is responsible for regulating the Pension, Financial Services and real estate sectors in BC.
PRI risks are actuarially reviewed annually in addition to being audited by Chartered Accountants.
PRI is managed by Aon Insurance Managers of Vancouver, 1200 – 401 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC V6B 3X8
(2)Proprietary products are CedarTwin® Laminated Shingles, ZipLok® Metal Roofing, PenMax® Flat Roofing and PenTek® Skylights.
At Penfolds Roofing & Solar we proudly offer a lifetime warranty on all our own manufactured roofing and accessories including skylights. In addition, during the first five years, you will receive 100% Replacement Cost Coverage. What this means to all our customers is that everything we install on the roof carries this extensive warranty package and that will include skylights, chimneys, gutters as well as everything else we may install. Also, this entire warranty package is fully transferable from owner to owner for the entire period of the warranty. Furthermore, there is no cost to transfer the warranty. Now that’s true coverage! Real Estate listings often include a reference to a “Penfolds Roofing & Solar Lifetime warranty that is transferable.” The lifetime warranty applies to CedarTwin® roof shingles, Ziplok Metal Roofing™, as well as PenTek® Skylights. Your Penfolds roof will be covered, including both materials and labour for as long as your home is standing, regardless of whether you sell it to a new owner continue to own it for life.