Go Green and Save Even More!
Agricultural Solar Grant
Agricultural Clean Technology Program
The Agricultural Clean Technology Program is a government grant program providing up to $2 million dollars to subsidize farm and agricultural projects aimed at reducing green house gasses, including installing clean energy upgrades such as solar panels.
It’s best for our customers to first apply to the Adoption Stream by completing a Project Summary Form outlining the scope of your solar energy upgrades, as this will be the foundation of getting your application approved. Ensure you have your Penfolds Roofing & Solar project proposal that outlines your planned energy savings. You will need this information for step 2, completing a Project Application Form. After submitting these documents, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada will confirm if you are approved within 2-5 business days. Should you qualify for contributions from the ACT Program, the ACT representative will provide specific details for your project including how/when you will receive funding.
ACT Program Details: Applies to both streams
- Projects must be valued at a minimum of $50,000
- Maximum subsidy amount is $2,000,000
- Up to 50% of project cost covered for for-profit applicants
- Up to 75% of project cost covered for not-for-profit applicants
- Up to 60% of project cost covered where the majority of the business is owned or led by under-represented groups (women, youth, Indigenous, visible minorities, persons with disabilities)
Supports the purchase and installation of commercially available clean technologies and processes with a priority given to those that show evidence of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, particularly for green energy and energy efficiency upgrades, such as solar panels and installation.
Adoption Stream Process
- Get your Penfolds Roofing & Solar Estimate Today!
- Complete your Project Summary Form
- Complete a Project Application Form
- Wait for your Assessment/ Approval
- Initiate Solar Installation & Secure Contributions from AAFC
- Review your Contribution Agreement from the AAFC to ensure all information is provided according to their schedule
Applicants will be required to provide project-related financial, progress, and performance reports, or other reports requested at AAFC’s discretion. The reports will track progress to advance agricultural clean technologies against mutually agreed performance measures and deliverables, such as the:
- reduction of GHG emissions
- number of clean technologies adopted by the agriculture and agri-food sector
The frequency of these reports will be determined based on the risk level of the recipient and the project. Requirements for performance indicators and reports will be detailed in agreement with the AAFC.
The Adoption Stream is contributing $100 million over 5 years, ending on March 31, 2026 and all approved projects must be complete by this date.
Your project(s) will be assessed against the following criteria, as applicable:
- the proposed activities, including expected results and outcomes, support program objectives and priorities
- supporting information on reduction of GHG emissions and other environmental co-benefits that can be demonstrated and measured
- the proposed activities and expenditures are eligible, reasonable and required to meet the project objectives
- the applicant possesses or has access to the qualifications (such as capability/capacity including the necessary technical, financial and managerial capacities) and track record required to complete the project
- all sources of funding for the project are identified
- ability to provide information on outcomes
- other priority areas addressed
Research & Innovation Stream
The Research and Innovation Stream will support pre-market innovation, including research, development, demonstration and commercialization activities, to develop transformative clean technologies and enable the expansion of current technologies, in 3 priority areas, of which the Green Energy and Energy Efficiency area is applicable to solar panel installations.
The Research & Innovation stream is contributing $50 million over 7 years, with this stream ending March 31, 2028. Eligible activities under the Research and Innovation Stream are of the following nature and type:
- Applied research and development of clean technologies
- Piloting and evaluating clean technologies
- Demonstration and knowledge and technology transfer activities
- Commercializing and scaling up clean technologies
- Other activities that support the Research and Innovation Stream as determined by the program
After you have applied to the Adoption Stream, submit your application to the Research & Innovation Stream to potentially receive additional funding towards your solar panel installation.