We accept online applications for the following employment positions. Submit your application to hr@PenfoldsRoofing.com. Click on each link to read more information about the job position: Penfolds Roofing has been providing residential and commercial roofing services in British Columbia since 1937. We are a BC owned and operated roofing contractor, employing over 150 people who all share in the pride of providing top quality materials, professional installations, and dependable roof warranties to our customers. We take pride in everything we do and we promise to do it right, which is why every employee is trained to our exacting standards in our own classroom facilities, the Penfolds School. Our specialized training emphasizes not only the best techniques in roofing / construction / home renovation trade, but also service our safety standards. That’s why we’ve received our high safety certification from the Workers Compensation Board of British Columbia. We make these investments because we want to build long-term relationships with both our customers and our employees. These are only a few of the reasons why Penfolds Roofing is the largest and most successful re-roofing contractor in the Lower Mainland, British Columbia.
A Sales Representative, or Technical Advisor as we refer to him or her, consults with potential customers in their homes and negotiates contracts for their renovations. The average sale is in the region of $15,000 to $20,000. All leads are company generated so there is no need for door-to-door canvassing. Generally speaking we do not require any prior related experience as we offer full training that includes appointing you to a “mentor” until you are fully comfortable with the position.
Salary plus Commission – Excellent Earning Potential, Company Vehicle and Comprehensive Benefits Package. Various periodic incentive plans including annual holiday to Mexico for a week with spouse.
- Learn and use the Penfolds selling system
- Establish contact and qualify all new leads
- Inspect and measure the potential customer’s property
- Prepare a detailed computerized estimate and proposal
- Make a professional in-home presentation
- Close profitable sales and complete all necessary documentation
- Maintain liaison with the Customer during the renovation
- Collect deposits, draws and final payments
- Assist at Home Shows
- Graduate of the BCIT Sales/Marketing Program or equivalent
- OR Excellent sales skills, proven track record
- Excellent communication skills, phone skills, charisma and presentation skills
- Courteous, prompt, and timely and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills including strong follow up
- Strongly self motivated
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Physically fit, able to work on ladders
- Good Computer skills
- Familiarity with construction an asset
- Be willing to make a career in the home renovation industry
- Desire to earn an above average income and advance in a growing company
A Field Supervisor oversees all renovation crews working within his assigned area, ensuring adherence to Penfolds established installation standards and safety practices.
Salary with Excellent Earning Potential, Company Vehicle, Comprehensive Benefits Package. Company Profit Sharing Plan.
- Pre-inspect all sold jobs to confirm accuracy of scope of work
- Perform and document thorough Quality Inspection during the course of each project
- Ensure quality standards are implemented
- Ensure safety standards are strictly adhered to
- Manage job costs to meet budgeted costs
- Recommend for Approval all labour payments
- Attract new crews where opportunity arising and assist in training
- Recommend and implement new methods to improve Productivity and Efficiency and reduce wastage
- Carry out after hours customer support
- Thorough understanding of sound roofing practices and installation procedures
- A proven track record in installations
- An ability to motivate and manage crews utilizing excellent leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Provide impeccable customer service; be courteous, prompt, and timely
- Able to operate under pressure
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in dealing with problems
A renovation carpenter is responsible for a wide variety of renovation and restoration carpentry tasks connected to residential re-roofing.
Competitive Hourly rate, depending on experience. Company Vehicle, Comprehensive Benefits Package
- New and replacement skylight installations
- Ventilation installations
- Repair and remedial work to unsound roofing substrates
- Remove and replace doors, windows, and hardware
- Remove and replace fascia, trims, moldings, etc.
- Interior drywall and finishing repairs
- Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program
- OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Worker must be comfortable on a roof and willing to wear safety gear
- First Aid certificate an asset
Position: Roofers and Shinglers (NOC 7291)
Current Opening: 5
Status: Full Time Permanent
Pay Details: $23.75
How to Apply:
Fax: 604 254 7663
Work for a well-established local company!
Penfolds Roofing has been providing residential and commercial roofing services in British Columbia since 1937, and we are looking to expand our team at the head office in Vancouver.
We are looking for outgoing individuals who are passionate about customer service, safety, and roofing.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped and flat roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Written and spoken English
- Completion of a two-to-three year apprenticeship program or over 2 years of work experience
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Post-Secondary education is an asset
- Experience in roofing or construction industry an asset
The primary responsibility of the position is to handle incoming phone calls from potential customers, existing customers, suppliers, contractors and installation crews professionally and efficiently.
Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package Company Profit Sharing Plan.
- Handle all incoming phone calls & occasional walk-in customers professionally and efficiently
- Enter new customer lead information to the database and distribute to appropriate individual in a timely manner
- Coordinate Field Supervisor’s daily schedule
- Update job start board as required
- Process and prepare all new job files/send original to head office
- Process daily bank deposits if required
- Prepare invoices to customers upon completion of project
- Contact customers for progress/final payments and send payment directions to head office
- Keep customers up to date regarding scheduling of project
- Provide administrative support for Technical Advisors
- Keep customer and T.A. up to date with project progress
- Maintain office supply stock and order as necessary
- General filing
- Prepare various reports
- Effective communication
- Keyboarding skills – 50 wpm
- Superior telephone & skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of basic business office machines, ie. fax, photocopier, printer, scanner
- Ability to be a consistent team player
- Outgoing and energetic with a consistently positive and professional attitude
- Self motivate and able to take own initiative and use sound judgment
- Patient at all times with customers, crews, suppliers, sub-contractors and co-workers
or Call TOLL-FREE 1-877-252-2007